SPOOKY MENU ITEMS TO TRY THIS HALLOWEEN
Is it really almost Halloween?! 2020 was wild, but at least it’s moving QUICK! With so many kids unable to go trick-or-treating this year to meet social distancing requirements, you might be thinking of ways to keep up the Halloween spirit. One easy way to do this is to “spookify” your menus, so we’ve curated a list of fun menu names for you to try this season.
- Oatmeal -> Mashed Brains
- Bananas -> Boo-nanas
- Fruit Cup -> Freaky Fruit
- Baby Carrots -> Monster Toes
- Cheese Pizza -> Mummy Pizza
- Waffle Fries -> Spider Web Fries
- Broccoli -> Haunted Trees
- Mac n Cheese -> Draculoni and Cheese
- Spaghetti & Meatballs -> Worms and eyeballs
- Chicken Alfredo -> Chichen Afraid-o
Looking for something more than a new menu item name?
Try out mummy dogs or candy corn parfaits!
- Mummy Dogs: Hot dogs wrapped in dough and baked like pigs in a blanket!
- Candy Corn Parfaits: Pineapple, oranges, yogurt and/or whipped cream
Big shoutout to the Facebook group, TIPS for School Meals That Rock for sharing ideas like these with one another! If you’re looking for more creative ways to serve your students, join this group immediately and connect with thousands of others in the industry. You won’t regret it!
For PrimeroEdge users, you can easily add and update marketing names for your menu items at any time. These changes will populate to your schoolcafe menus once published!
Have a Happy Halloween and stay safe this year!