National Nutrition Month® is here!
National Nutrition Month® is an annual campaign created by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. During the month of March, everyone is invited to learn about making informed food choices and developing healthful eating and physical activity habits.” – EatRight.org
One of the most rewarding parts of working in the school nutrition industry is not only having the opportunity to serve kids nutritious meals but to educate both students and parents on the importance of nutrition. With National Nutrition Month® taking place in March, we put together a list of resources and links to help you promote living a nutritious lifestyle in your communities!
How to Celebrate
- Remember the Key Messages
- Eat a variety of nutritious foods every day!
- Plan your meals each week!
- Learn skills to create tasty meals!
- Consult a registered dietitian nutritionist (RDN)!
- Download the campaign toolkit and get access to:
- Blogger badges
- Tip Sheets & Handouts
- Games & Activities
- Planning Materials
- Press Releases & PSAs
- Spread the word on Social Media
- Quickly post graphics and pre-written content to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn with one click!
- Use the hashtag #NationalNutritionMonth when sharing your own personal stories and updates so that everyone can see how you are celebrating
- Visit the resources center on EatRight.org to find:
- Additional blogs
- History overview
- The online store!