Frequently Asked Questions
Feel free to contact our team directly to get more information on implementation rounds.
PrimeroEdge’s State Project Manager will contact you to confirm if you are on the next round and what steps to take, if any.
You will be contacted by a PrimeroEdge Project Manager that will give you a step-by-step information on getting your system set-up.
Please, refer to the PA-SES Data Migration Plan. It will have all the required columns listed, as well as the file format and types. These requirements must be followed to have successful Imports. If you have not received this document and if you have any questions regarding the document, please contact the PrimeroEdge Project Manager.
You would need to Download WinSCP to be able to connect to your FTP site. This connection will also be used when scheduling a daily drop of your Student File. After you have downloaded WinSCP, you will need to enter the following information. For questions on how to download WinSCP, please contact your local IT.
- File Protocol: FTP
- Encryption: TSL/SSL Explicit Encryption
Host Name: ftp.paschoolmealsses.com
- Port Number: 21
- Username: *your ftp username
- Password: *your ftp passoword
- District IT
The files are uploaded inside a specific folder in your FTP Site. Each of the Folders have their own function and used in the different phases of the implementation. Please, see below for the descriptions of each of the folders and when they are going to be used.
- Implementation Files Folder
- This is the first folder used in the implementation. This is where the initial Student File and Eligibility File will be uploaded. The files will be verified by PrimeroEdge to ensure that all the requirements are met. Once the files are verified, both files will be imported into PrimeroEdge.
- Student Folder
- After the initial Student File is imported. Your IT will need to create a scheduled nightly import into the Student Folder.
- This folder has a script that runs and looks for the specific File Name, File Type and columns in the Student File. It is imperative that the Student File does not change, except for the data. If the columns or the File Name changes, the import will fail.
- The folder will delete the file after it has successfully imported.
- Export Folder
- This folder will have the Export File that will go back to your SIS/POS
- The Export File is updated between the following Times
5:00 – 5:15 am CST
7:30 – 7:45 am CST
9:00 – 9:15 am CST
1:00 – 1:15 pm CST
5:00 – 5:15 pm CS
Your IT will need to create a scheduled pick-up of the Export File and import it into your SIS/POS
- For creating your Student and Eligibility Files, and creating a scheduled Student File import and pick-up of the Export File. Please, contact your IT Department
- For file verification and the initial Student File and Eligibility File Import, please contact your PrimeroEdge Project Manager.
- You can check on your Student Import when you go to Systems Tab > Monitoring > Data Exchange. Ensure that the Site Type states “Student Import”, filter the dates that you wanted to see and click Apply. It will list all of your Student Imports during that time. If you need more information, click on the “View” Link and it will show you the import log. It will let you know which Students were imported, withdrawn and updated. It will also let you know if the files are not importing correctly. It will tell you if there is a mismatched column or not.
You will have to work with your IT and your POS/SIS vendor. PrimeroEdge cannot push or pull the files from a third-party system.
The Export File can be modified to meet your SIS/POS requirements. Please send any change request to the PrimeroEdge Project Manager.
You can access SchoolCafe by going to http://schoolcafe.com . Once you have reached the website, register as a parent. You will then have to let the PrimeroEdge Project Manager know your username so that it will be promoted to District Admin.
To upload your Letter to Household, please go to SchoolCafe.com > Eligibility Benefits > Application Template (Note: you must have admin rights for this to work). Select the Language and upload the Letter to Household.
- PrimeroEdge Customer Success Mentor :
- Donnalyn Bornheimer
- Email: Donnalyn.email@example.com
- Phone: 281-453-8595
- Donnalyn Bornheimer
We do not translate the documents. It is up to the District to translate their Letter to Household.
As a District Admin, you will be able to edit the Application Template in SchoolCafe. You just need to go to SchoolCafe.com > Eligibility Benefits > Application Template> Language and click on the Edit button on the top Right-hand side. Each of the pages will have this Edit Button. Keep in mind that there are some functions that cannot be edited. To move on to the next page, just click on the Next Button on the lower right-hand side. To move back a page, click on the Previous Button on the lower left-hand side of the page.
APPLICATION AND DIRECT APPROVALS
PrimeroEdge imports application from COMPASS and can be found in the Student Eligibility Tab> Applications > Validate. All the applications from COMPASS will have the Batch Status as “Import”. Once you are ready to process the application, click the Check-Out Button so that only you can make the changes and click on the Application # to Process.
To see the Online Applications, please go to Student Eligibility Tab> Applications > Validate. You will know which Online Application is which by their Batch Type. Online Applications from COMPASS will have the Batch Type of “Import” and the one from SchoolCafe will have the Batch Type of “Online”.
PrimeroEdge does not delete any of the applications. All applications are kept in the Master Index (Student Eligibility Tab > Applications > Master Index). You can search by Application or by Students. If you do not have specific applications that you need, click the Apply Button and it will list all of the applications that you have. Click on the Application number for more detail on the application.
Notifications for Applications and Direct Approvals are in different pages.
For Eligibility based on Applications (Online or Manual), go to Student Eligibility Tab > Applications > Notify and click on the checkboxes for E-mail and/or Print. Click Notify once ready (1st snapshot).
For Eligibility based on Direct Approval, go to Student Eligibility > Administration > DC Matching > Matched. Filter the appropriate Fields or just click Apply to show all the matched students. Click on the checkboxes for the E-mail and/or Print and click either Notify All or Notify Button (2nd snapshot).
PrimeroEdge still looks the same as when we were DC Only and is missing some functionalities from what was shown in Training.
It might be that the Student Eligibility Role was not added to your username and the settings was not changed from DC Only settings to the full Student Eligibility Settings.
After you Go Live, please contact CN Resource for Support.
- CN Resource