If you want to keep the “new year, new you feeling” it’s a great time to think through how you can realistically achieve your goals. Studies have shown that only 50% of Americans set resolutions for themselves, and only 10% of those who do can keep them for several months. We are only as good as the systems we set up for ourselves, so here are some ideas for cafeteria-related goals and how you can stick to them.
We have brainstormed some ideas for your foodservice and nutrition department to inspire your goals!
- Improve sanitation measures
- Keep up with the strict guidelines, even once they get more relaxed
- Speed up your lunch lines
- Reduce the amount of food waste
- Switch to more eco-friendly practices in your day-to-day operations
- Save your department money without reducing labor or quality of foods
Setting your goals is just the first step. Once you have an idea of what you want to achieve in 2022, the next step is to develop a plan that will help you stick to your goals and hold yourself accountable. How can you make this happen? (Note: these tips and tricks are useful for both professional and personal goals!)
- Set small milestones to meet each week or month
- Track your progress by either putting them on a board you look at every day, by journaling and blogging, or using an online application
- Set both qualitative and quantitative goals. For example, instead of saying you want to read more this year, say that you want to read 12 books this year or one book per month.
- Think about your goals realistically. Is this a goal you or others have achieved before? You should challenge yourself, but not to the point where you get intimidated or defeated just by looking at your intentions.
- Tackle the easier goals first to get the momentum going. It feels good accomplishing something, so good; you might want to do it again. By completing smaller goals, you gain enough momentum to take on your more challenging ones!
- Dedicate the time. Some goals do require research and knowledge before putting in the effort. So if your goal is to save your department money, spend time finding out where costs can be saved and what solutions are out there to help you.
Whatever your resolutions look like for the new year, PrimeroEdge is here to help. With a wide variety of software solutions, we can assist you in making a difference in child nutrition.